Thursday, October 23, 2008

BBD - Big Brow Tine Buck

I Shot this 8 point last night at 7:00 aprox. 28 yard shot with my Bow. This is the 3rd time I have seen this buck this year. Cool thing is Dad saw him at 50 yards (fortunately upwind) walking towards my stand at 6:40. I watched him in the field for 10 minutes and then he started making his way towards me. I stopped him with a little grunt and pulled the trigger. Hit him good but turned out to be a little quartering towards me. I had to watch him bedded down 50 yards away from me looking injured but perfectly alive, he got up right before complete darkness and walked 20 yards and laid back down now looking really weak. We came back 1.5 hours later and he was getting stiff already so he died shortly after I left. Turns out I just nicked the heart, hit a small piece of a lung and the bottom of the liver. Stats are 18” wide, 6” & 7.25” brow tines and 9” & 8” G2’s, rough gross score of 130”. Live wight was 235 Lbs. dressed out at 195 Lbs. Forgot to say this is my 2nd buck with my bow, it been a long time waiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great buck jason. Now the Does are really going to be in trouble.

Mary said...

Nice buck Jason! Great picture of all three of you with the buck!

Keith De Witt said...

That was a great night. Very nice buck. Now I have even more stands to hunt in.